LIST OF ALL ALBERTA HIGH SPEED RAIL STUDIES
|2010 Edmonton - Calgary High Speed Rail Map - Tems Inc.|
There was a business Alberta High Speed Rail (2005) Inc that had been pushing for high speed rail. Their website is now gone and it's current business status is unknown.
In 2014 a study was released stating that Alberta was not ready for high speed rail and they should spend their money on inner city light rail rather than inter-city connections.
Below are links to the major studies that have been completed. Please credit High Speed Rail Canada as a reference if you use these studies. We want all Canadians to know about our educational resource centre.
1. 1985-HSR Prospects-in-the-Calgary-Edmonton-Corridor-1985-03 AB Government LINK
2. 2004 - Calgary/ Edmonton HSR - The Van Horne Institute LINK
3. 2008 Economic Benefits and Market Assessment for Development of HSR Service Calgary/Edmonton Corridor (3 documents) LINK
4. 2010 Study of High Speed Rail Impacts on Rural Alberta - CPCS LINK
5. 2014 The Feasibility of Establishing a HSR Transit System in Alberta
- Standing Committee on Alberta's Economic Future LINK